To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Hello!

A place for new members to introduce themselves and to be welcomed to the FaithWriters' Community. Don't be shy. We love meeting new brothers and sisters in Christ.

Moderators: RedBaron, beaedwards, Shann

Dorciharris
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Hello!

Postby Dorciharris » Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:57 pm

Just wanted to stop in and say hi! I've been a member for a little while, submitting devotions a little bit on the sly (most of them before the board changed). Shann said I should come say hi, though. :) I hope to be more of an active member in the coming year and get to know some of you!

Dorci

tomoral
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Re: Hello!

Postby tomoral » Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:40 pm

:welcome to Faithwriters. Glad you decided to drop in the forums. Don't be a stranger! We have great times here. This is a fantastic website that allows you to grow as a writer and in your faith. Hope you will join us in the Challenge competition!
God Bless the beasts and the children
Give them shelter from the storms.
Children are our tomorrow
Keep them daily from the sorrow
Of the beasts in life

http://www.faithwriters.com/websites/my ... p?id=57394

RedBaron

Postby RedBaron » Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:40 am

Hi and :welcome
<><
Shari
FW 500 Member

"...hunt like a spider..." Cori - FW Con '07

daughterofeve
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Postby daughterofeve » Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:44 am

Hi and lovely to meet you. I am a newbie also. :welcome

RachelM
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Postby RachelM » Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:44 pm

Welcome! I look forward to getting to know you through through the forum! Blessings!
My FaithWriters profile: RachelM FW member profile

Shann

Postby Shann » Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:00 pm

Hi Dorci! I'm glad you found your way here. Even more exciting is that someone listened to me! I guess I've been a mom to long, the kids never seem to listen to me. :mrgreen: I will admit they have come up with a family joke: Mom, why didn't you make me do... Whatever it was I tried to tell them. At least they see my advice is good in hindsight. :lol:

I can't remember if I gave you my tour, so I'll include some of it here. FW has been such a blessing. I can't believe how much I've grown here. I used to write sporadically. (I'm great at procrastinating, plus have health problems), But since joining FW, I've written at least 90 articles, short stories, devotions, and poems. I've come so far too. When I look back at my first articles, I cringe a bit now. Though it's really a blessing because I can see how much I've learned. I plan on taking some stories and redoing them.

FW is really an amazing site. I've also met friends from all over the world. These are good friends whom I communicate with on a regular basis too. It's an awesome site. It can be a tad overwhelming because it's so big, but here are some tips for you.

FW has opened so many doors for me. If you can afford the extra money a month to become a gold or platinum member, it is so worth it! There are many benefits that I hope you are discovering okay. I just finished my first picture book and because I'm a platinum member, my book is here on the site. Also many of the sales of book have been from FW contacts. Even my illustrator is a FW friend!

I'm pretty sure you are familiar with the writing challenge.There are four quarters each year with ten topics in each one that are related. The new quarter will be starting on Thursday. (Man time flies.)

FW is a great place to meet other Christians and writers. I also think it's awesome because there is people with all kinds of experience here from having published book to having never really written much at all. People here are great encouragers and willing to share their knowledge with others. The Open Forum is a great place to ask questions about writing and publishing.

You also can find a wealth of info and a variety of people on the boards. It's also a great way to make friends. A great place for writing tips can be found at Jan's Writing Basics. It might be a bit overwhelming to post at first, but I'd urge you to bite the bullet and jump in. Jan is wonderful at giving invaluable feedback to everyone who tries her thread and posts their "homework."

Also The Water Cooler is a great place to meet people. They have topics that range from regional areas to just popping in to say hi. Another great place to go is Prayer Requests. It's wonderful to be able to request prayer and to lift others up in need.

Fw is much like a family. There is something for everyone. The people encourage, support, and love each other. Welcome to the family!

I hope I gave you some places to start. The site is huge and there are so many wonderful things here. You may want to check out the FAQ thread as that may answer many of your questions.

Have fun exploring, jump into conversations and don't be afraid to ask any questions. :welcome
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Return to Newbie Nook