To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

First time on Forum

A place for new members to introduce themselves and to be welcomed to the FaithWriters' Community. Don't be shy. We love meeting new brothers and sisters in Christ.

Moderators: RedBaron, beaedwards, Shann

nabucca
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

First time on Forum

Postby nabucca » Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:47 pm

Hello, friends!

I've been with Faithwriters since 2010, but this is the first time I've ever posted anything on the Forum.

I'm not sure what to share off the top of my tongue. All I know is, writing has been a real refining process for me. I'm still learning, and after four years working on my novel, I finally got the second - no, third - no, fourth draft finished and am in the process of honing the final (or is it, next to final?) draft.

It's been a wild ride, and I've been tempted to give up any number of times. But here on this site I find encouragement to persevere.

The writing challenges have been helpful, and I'm learning what speaks to people, what doesn't, how to hone a topic, mixing in dialogue, etc. I used to enjoy writing scripts for women's and children's ministry, but most pastors these days (where I live, at least) seem to prefer ordering "professional scripts" on line. That's how I got involved in faithwriters.

I'm very interested in healing ministry - my favorite topic to write about. I have considered getting a ministry degree, thinking it may open up more doors for me when it comes to praying for the sick.

Right now, however, I do have my hands full with two grown children in - and out of - home and a high school senior who's not yet sure what she wants to do after she graduates.

I hope eventually to sell my writing and artwork. For what it's worth, I do my own illustrations, cartoons, and portraits.

If anyone's interested in book illustrations, let me know.

Nancy

RedBaron

Re: First time on Forum

Postby RedBaron » Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:22 pm

Hi and :welcome
<><
Shari
FW 500 Member

"...hunt like a spider..." Cori - FW Con '07

Shann

Postby Shann » Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:20 pm

Welcome to the forums! This is a great place to sit and back and really get to know each other. I love the boards and have made so many dear friends. My favorite place is the Pacific Coast Rest Stop. You don't have to be from the coast to pop in. I live in Western NY where there is 3 feet of snow. They don't see that very often on the Pacific Coast. We are a tad wacky and know each other enough to tease a bit, but are mostly harmless. :mrgreen: Come on in and you can even tell them I sent you!

FW is a great place to meet other Christians and writers. People here are great encouragers and willing to share their knowledge with others. The Open Forum is a great place to ask questions about writing and publishing.

You also can find a wealth of info and a variety of people on the boards. It's also a great way to make friends. I've become close to people from all over the world. Because of health problems, I'm stuck at home often. FW opened a whole new world for me. Not only have I met people from all over the world, but I've become great friends with many of them.

A great place for writing tips can be found at Jan's Writing Basics. Also The Water Cooler is a great place to meet people. They have topics that range from regional areas to just popping in to say hi. Another great place to go is Prayer Requests. It's wonderful to be able to request prayer and to lift others up in need.

I hope I gave you some places to start. The site is huge and there are so many wonderful things here. You may want to check out the FAQ thread as that may answer many of your questions.

Man I wish I had known you were an illustrator. I had been looking for months until I finally found fellow FW Rachel Malcolm who illustrated my first picture book. I'm hoping to start on the next one soon and Rachel said she didn't have a lot of time to do another one so I may be knocking on your door soon. If you need an editor for your novel maybe we can work out a trade or something.

Have fun exploring, jump into conversations and don't be afraid to ask any questions. :welcome
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

RachelM
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Postby RachelM » Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:22 pm

Welcome! That's awesome that you are drawing so near to completing your novel. I am working on my second novel, but they are both still in rough draft.
My FaithWriters profile: RachelM FW member profile

tomoral
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Postby tomoral » Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:01 pm

:thankssign Nancy for posting. I am also working on a novel. It is in its rough, rough, draft. Just last week I started reworking the first two chapters. It will take another couple of years before I get in anywhere near acceptable, but you have just given me the courage to work on it today.

Welcome to the forums, where you will find great friends, lots of encouragement, and grow in your faith, I promise you that.

Be sure and join in on the Challenge fun when it starts back in January!
Blessings, Lynn
God Bless the beasts and the children
Give them shelter from the storms.
Children are our tomorrow
Keep them daily from the sorrow
Of the beasts in life

http://www.faithwriters.com/websites/my ... p?id=57394

mykatz4
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Postby mykatz4 » Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:27 pm

Hello everyone. I just signed up with FaithWriters.com last night. I was surfing the internet to find a place to hone my writing skills and found this site. I'm so glad I did! I am currently writing a novel, and I have 4 poems that I had published a few years ago, but I really want to take my writing in whatever direction God leads me, and hopefully earn an income from my writing. I love to read others' work and hopefully soon I will have something up for you guys to critique.

Return to Newbie Nook