Bright New World

A place for new members to introduce themselves and to be welcomed to the FaithWriters' Community. Don't be shy. We love meeting new brothers and sisters in Christ.

Moderators: RedBaron, beaedwards, Shann

WriteLovey
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Bright New World

Post by WriteLovey » Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:47 am

Hello, I'm new to FaithWriters and so far everything I'm seeing is exciting. It certainly is a big world you have here and it's the next adventure my best friend, Jesus, has me working on. I look forward to inspiring and to be an inspiration. Blessings y'all!

Shann

Re: Bright New World

Post by Shann » Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:49 pm

Welcome to FW! I've made many lifelong friends and in the ten years I've been here, my writing has improved 1000-fold, I self-published my first picture book, started editing and have several editing jobs a year and have written about 120 stories and articles.

The weekly writing challenge has helped me the most. We are on a mini break right now, but a new topic will be released on July 2. You should really enter it. The word limit of 750 words has helped me tighten my writing, the one week deadline has encouraged me to write more often, writing to a specific topic has expanded my thinking, the feedback has taught me what others like or don't like and reading and leaving feedback (I used to do it on every entry, but health problems have limited that more, but I still try to do as many as possible) has taught me so much about myself.

The message boards have a prayer and prayer section, some writing guidelines, old articles about writing, places to ask questions, and some fun games too. I hope you will enter the challenge, post some of your work on the general submissions, and get to know others on the message boards.

My name is Shann. I have 3 kids and 2 granddaughters (5 and 2). My older daughter is a school counselor, my younger a teacher, and my son is a minister and works in religion education at a college. I live in western NY (about an hour south of Buffalo) with my husband, two Pomeranians (Phin and Luna) and 2 cats (Mylee and Boo). I'd love to get to know you even more if you want to share.

Two games we have going right now are in the watercooler--ABC and First Word. There's a whole section about writing challenge, encouraging people to enter, rules, judging criteria, topics, and ways to leave feedback. :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Return to “Newbie Nook”