To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Hire
Writers
Editors
Home Read What's New Join
Faith
Writers
Forum
My Account Login
Shop
Save
Support
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

I am kind of new

A place for new members to introduce themselves and to be welcomed to the FaithWriters' Community. Don't be shy. We love meeting new brothers and sisters in Christ.

Moderators: RedBaron, beaedwards, Shann

dmlowe40
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

I am kind of new

Postby dmlowe40 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:06 am

Hi, I'm David and I'm not technically new as I joined back in 2012(I think lol). Back in high school I had written several things that I later deemed to be poems and I wanted to get them out for people to see and maybe get some feedback on.

Later that year I went thru a bad divorce and writing was the farthest thing from my mind. I wrote a couple things since then, even a short story.

Within the last month or so I've gotten a renewed interest in writing again. I started entering the writing challenge this quarter and have gotten some very good feedback already.

About 2 years ago I made the decision to write a book. A year and a half later, I have 5 short chapters with room for many more. The last 6 months or so had been a time where I basically forgot about it. I'm hoping that doing the writing challenges gets me interested back into my book so I can get it going again.

RedBaron

Re: I am kind of new

Postby RedBaron » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:43 pm

Hi and :welcome
<><
Shari
FW 500 Member

"...hunt like a spider..." Cori - FW Con '07

Deb Porter
FaithWriters and Site Admin
FaithWriters and Site Admin

Re: I am kind of new

Postby Deb Porter » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:23 am

Hi David. Lovely to have you back with us. I'm always so pleased to hear when someone has had that spark rekindled to write.

I saw your name in the Challenge and remembered it because I knew a David Lowe when I was at high school (many years ago). I imagine there are more than a few of you. :D

Blessings!

Deb
Deb
FaithWriters' Writing Challenge Co-ordinator
Breath of Fresh Air Press

Breath of Fresh Air Press - a little publisher with a lot of heart

Return to Newbie Nook