To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

A good read for anyone looking to write a publishable book

Share writing tips and tricks, as well as your favorite books and software for writers.

Moderator: RedBaron

Loviene
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

A good read for anyone looking to write a publishable book

Postby Loviene » Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:20 pm

Hey :)

I just spotted this section and decided to give a shout out for the book I've been reading lately. I'm usually not into this sort of book, as much as I love writing books, but I found this read practical, interesting, and well worth it.

The book is "Story Physics" by Larry Brooks. It's basically about what you have to include in a story to make it publishable. He also has another one on writing that I have but haven't read yet. As an author who wants to get published, I just found it enjoyable and educational to read about what publishers and agents are looking for, even if they don't realize it. Most of what he says are things I think writers "get" naturally, but it was helpful to see it spelled out.

Anyway, just a suggestion if your looking for a good read :)
"The place God calls us to is the place where your deep gladness and the world's deep hunger meet."
~Frederick Beuchner

Return to Best Books, Tips and Software for Writers