Find a Challenge Buddy

Discuss everything to do with the Writing Challenge. Feel free to ask questions and find a Challenge buddy.
http://www.faithwriters.com/writing-challenge-intro.php

Moderators: Deb Porter, itsjoanne, RedBaron

Deb Porter
FaithWriters and Site Admin

Find a Challenge Buddy

Post by Deb Porter » Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:12 pm

Hi Challengeers. We've had some problems with adding a separate Challenge Buddy forum, so please use this thread to make your request for a Buddy.

Challenge buddies are a great way to grow as a writer by connecting with other FaithWriters members and helping one another to fine tune your entries before hitting that submit button each week.

Start looking for your ideal buddy group or individual today. To find the right person, share your level of entry and whether you write mainly fiction, non-fiction, devotional/inspirational, or poetry.

Buddies are blessed to be a blessing.

Love, Deb
Deb
FaithWriters' Writing Challenge Co-ordinator
Breath of Fresh Air Press

Breath of Fresh Air Press - a little publisher with a lot of heart

redrockmom
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Re: Find a Challenge Buddy

Post by redrockmom » Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:42 pm

Hi! I'm looking for a challenge buddy to keep me accountable and brainstorm with me when my mind goes blank! I write mostly non-fiction, inspirational, devotional and poetry sometimes. I would love to try fiction one of these days. I live in Prescott Valley, AZ, and am a mature, "young-at-heart" grandma who loves to write! You can reach me at [email protected] anytime!

:thankssign Chris Goglin (redrockmom)

Shann

Post by Shann » Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:42 pm

You may want to consider reading some challenges, and if you find someone who clicks with your writing, you could PM that person and ask if she would like to be your buddy. Unfortunately, a lot of people struggle finding partners just by this thread because not everyone reads the boards. It never hurts to ask.

Also, you might want to remove your email address in case a spammed sees it. Every FW member has access to PM, which is far safer, then you could exchange emails in the private message.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Deb Porter

Post by Deb Porter » Sat Oct 31, 2015 3:21 am

redrockmom wrote:Hi! I'm looking for a challenge buddy to keep me accountable and brainstorm with me when my mind goes blank! I write mostly non-fiction, inspirational, devotional and poetry sometimes. I would love to try fiction one of these days. I live in Prescott Valley, AZ, and am a mature, "young-at-heart" grandma who loves to write! You can reach me at [email protected] anytime!

:thankssign Chris Goglin (redrockmom)
Hi Chris. I've shared this over on Facebook and Twitter. Hope we can find you a buddy.

Love, Deb
Deb
FaithWriters' Writing Challenge Co-ordinator
Breath of Fresh Air Press

Breath of Fresh Air Press - a little publisher with a lot of heart

kafrak
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Post by kafrak » Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:49 am

I don't know if you have found a challenge buddy, but I am also looking. I am a young at heart grandmother living in Florida. I am working on a book (fantasy fiction) but have not shared what I have yet on this website. Right now I am in the "Beginner" level and am determined to learn and move up quickly. I am not very good with poetry, what I have submitted so far is a either fiction or fictionalized autobiographical. I have other articles on WordPress that are praise, non-fiction, etc. I have followers, but really need to find someone who will rip me to pieces .

Anyway, if you are still looking for a buddy, sounds like we have similarities, just not geographical ones.

Kathy (kafrak)

Shann

Post by Shann » Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:38 am

I would send her a PM (click on her name). Not everyone goes back to the boards. Another thing I suggest is to read challenge entries and if you find one that resonates with you, click on the name and ask if they've found a buddy yet. The worst they can say is no. Good luck! :mrgreen:
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Pamelah
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Post by Pamelah » Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:13 pm

I would love to have a writing Buddy if anyone out there is looking.
For we are God's masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things He planned for us long ago. Ephesians 2:10

Shann

Post by Shann » Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:12 pm

Hey Pamelah, this thread is kind of old. If you really want a buddy, I would urge you to read some challenge entries in your level or above and find someone's writing you respect and send them a PM asking if they'd like to be buddies. I wish you all the luck. If I hear of someone else looking, I'll let you know.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Pamelah
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Post by Pamelah » Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:58 pm

Thanks Shann for your response and suggestion.
For we are God's masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things He planned for us long ago. Ephesians 2:10

gma591959
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Post by gma591959 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:09 pm

I'm still looking for a Challenge Buddy. Been looking for one for over 6 months now. Would certainly appreciate it. I could use the extra help and support.

Thank you

Shann

Post by Shann » Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:38 pm

Since the forum doesn't have as many people using it as it used to, I'd suggest you read the entries and find someone with a similar style and genre as you and send them a PM asking if they'd be interested in being a challenge buddy.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Return to “Writing Challenge - General Discussion”