To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Week 4 Topic - RIGHT AND LEFT

Here's where you can discuss everything to do with the Writing Challenge. Feel free to ask questions.
http://www.faithwriters.com/writing-challenge-intro.php

Moderators: Deb Porter, RedBaron

Deb Porter
FaithWriters and Site Admin

Week 4 Topic - RIGHT AND LEFT

Postby Deb Porter » Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:13 pm

Can you believe it? Week 4 Writing Challenge Topic, already! Time to point you in the direction of this week's topic:

RIGHT AND LEFT
http://www.faithwriters.com/writing-challenge-intro.php

Always been a tricky thing for me. If I stop and think first, I obviously know my right from left, but if someone says, "Wave your right hand, now!" I will probably go to raise my left. LOL. Tested the other night by my husband. :lol: This is why I don't dance or do Zumba.

Anyway, as always, you don’t need to use the words "right and left" in your entry, but for this quarter of topics, it might be a bit hard to avoid them. Either way, the topic does need to be the central focus of your entry. You can do with it whatever you want--literal, symbolic, physical, whatever. Any genre; any style, but you do need to write more than 150 words and less than 750 (for our new Challengeers).

AND it is Right AND Left, not Right OR Left.

As always, have fun and enjoy yourself. Feel free to chat about the topic here.

Love, Deb

FaithWriters' Writing Challenge Co-ordinator

Breath of Fresh Air Press - a little publisher with a lot of heart

itsjoanne

Re: Week 4 Topic - RIGHT AND LEFT

Postby itsjoanne » Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:58 am

I do NOT instinctively know my right from my left. If I had a dime for every time someone said "your other right" or "your other left" I would be living in the lap of luxury LOL.

I know how to figure it out (a few different ways), but I have to think about it. EVERY time.

trudynewell
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)

Re: Week 4 Topic - RIGHT AND LEFT - HELP!!

Postby trudynewell » Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:28 am

HELP -

I have drawn a bit of info from the internet for my current piece. What I need to know is if I have to have copyright permission, or can I just acknowledge the source for this.

I can redo the piece if I need to, as I don't see how I have time if copyright permission is needed.

Thanks - Trudy

Deb Porter

Postby Deb Porter » Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:25 am

Trudy, provided you aren't using a huge amount of someone else's words as the basis for your entry, you are fine just referencing your source in a footnote.

I have to be honest and say I always prefer entries that don't take from other sources, unless absolutely necessary. In other words, retelling something that has been written by someone else doesn't go over all that well in the "fresh/original" category. But if you used other sources to research your entry, and just use a small snippet in the entry, that's fine.

Having said that, using snippets of other people's lyrics or poetry is to be avoided at all cost. (Just thought I'd mention that.)

Love, Deb

trudynewell
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)

Postby trudynewell » Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:37 pm

Thanks Deb - I really had two different things going anyway, so I am not using the info I had.
Appreciate your input. - Trudy

Fullheart
Pencil 3 (100-149 Posts)
Pencil 3 (100-149 Posts)

Postby Fullheart » Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:06 pm

Hmmm. After submitting, I've noticed your distinction Deb, between right AND left & right OR left. Perhaps I left my brain right where I'd never find it again, but I'm having a little difficulty with going right and left at the same time. :D

I turned left to look for understanding, while trying to view right at the same time and found this impossible. So I quickly glanced right and left and was then left with the right answer. Just thought I'd share.

S.B.—Some Guy in Indiana

P.S. No brick throwing yet for right and left?

Deb Porter

Postby Deb Porter » Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:09 pm

Fullheart wrote:P.S. No brick throwing yet for right and left?

Sorry, not yet. Will be later today. I've had some family issues over the last couple of days. Only getting back into the office this morning.

Love, Deb

Fullheart
Pencil 3 (100-149 Posts)
Pencil 3 (100-149 Posts)

Postby Fullheart » Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:52 pm

Deb, you take care of what you need to at home. We are all so appreciative of all you do.

Blessings!

S.B.

Return to Writing Challenge - General Discussion