To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Back Tomorrow . . .

Here's where you can discuss everything to do with the Writing Challenge. Feel free to ask questions.
http://www.faithwriters.com/writing-challenge-intro.php

Moderators: Deb Porter, RedBaron

Deb Porter
FaithWriters and Site Admin

Back Tomorrow . . .

Postby Deb Porter » Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:04 pm

Okay Challengeers. Are you ready for another ten weeks of writing fun? The Writing Challenge is back in action tomorrow. Whether you're enjoying Summer downtime or shivering down under, don't let the Challenge pass you by.

Why?

1. Most important thing of all, it is a fantastic tool for honing your skill by writing to topic, deadline and word count, every week. I've seen so many people develop into excellent writers over the years, with quite a lot crediting FaithWriters for giving them their first start on their writing career.

2. You could win an end of quarter cash prize if your entry is rated the highest for the ten weeks in your Level. Not to be sneezed at.

3. If you place 1st overall for a topic (in the Editors' Choice), you are automatically in the running for the 2015 Best of the Best awards (announced July 1 each year). I think we were all really happy to see the men sweep all three Best of the Best awards. First time ever. Woo-hoo to Graham Insley, Gerald Shuler, and Kenn Allan. Some mighty names in that list.

4. If you place in the Editors' Choice, you are automatically eligible to be in one of the new Mixed Blessings books. The first, Mixed Blessings--Simple Pleasures was released two weeks ago, and the next (Classically Inspired) should be out October 31. Entering the Challenge is absolutely the BEST way to get into one of these books.

5. You may be discovered. I am constantly watching out for new talent coming through the ranks. That's where I found Timmy Boyle, and that's what led to publishing his first fun book Inside Timmy's Mind. I am currently gathering a small group of writers together for a collaborative novel, and I approached two Challengeers (one from a long time ago; the other from the last quarter) to be involved. They both said yes. I knew from their Challenge entries that they would be perfect for this book.

6. The encouragement from your peers (and red ink if requested) can be an incredible blessing. Jumping in to "brick throwing time" once we have our winners is a great way to get feedback.

So don't let this quarter slip by without jumping into the Challenge. You will never know how far it may take you if you never give it a go.

http://www.faithwriters.com/writing-challenge-intro.php

Writers and the Challenge. Some things are just meant to go together. :wink:

Love, Deb
FaithWriters' Writing Challenge Co-ordinator

Breath of Fresh Air Press - a little publisher with a lot of heart

dmbowman
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Re: Back Tomorrow . . .

Postby dmbowman » Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:21 pm

I'm ready!

:superhappy

Deb Porter

Postby Deb Porter » Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:16 pm

Yay Diane!!

itsjoanne

Postby itsjoanne » Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:58 am

Hope/plan to enter at least once this quarter. :)

Anja
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Postby Anja » Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:30 am

I have a little down time coming up (most intensive summer ranch work finished as of today and surgery in 10 days), so I am thinking about doing some challenges. Maybe it'll kick start the creative flow, and I will rejuvenate my blog and get on with my other WIP.

Could someone give me the short version of how it works these days, with the credits? Can I become a paying member any time, even with credits remaining?

Edited to add... yes, I read the instructions, but couldn't find the answer to that, although I assume the answer is yes. But one shouldn't ever assume.
Ann Grover

"What remains of a story after it is finished? Another story..." Eli Wiesel

Deb Porter

Postby Deb Porter » Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:39 pm

Hey Ann. Welcome back. Sorry to hear about the upcoming surgery. Praying everything goes well.

Yes, you can upgrade at any time.

Love, Deb

Return to Writing Challenge - General Discussion