Okay Challengeers. Are you ready for another ten weeks of writing fun? The Writing Challenge is back in action tomorrow. Whether you're enjoying Summer downtime or shivering down under, don't let the Challenge pass you by.
1. Most important thing of all, it is a fantastic tool for honing your skill by writing to topic, deadline and word count, every week. I've seen so many people develop into excellent writers over the years, with quite a lot crediting FaithWriters for giving them their first start on their writing career.
2. You could win an end of quarter cash prize if your entry is rated the highest for the ten weeks in your Level. Not to be sneezed at.
3. If you place 1st overall for a topic (in the Editors' Choice), you are automatically in the running for the 2015 Best of the Best awards (announced July 1 each year). I think we were all really happy to see the men sweep all three Best of the Best awards. First time ever. Woo-hoo to Graham Insley, Gerald Shuler, and Kenn Allan. Some mighty names in that list.
4. If you place in the Editors' Choice, you are automatically eligible to be in one of the new Mixed Blessings books
. The first, Mixed Blessings--Simple Pleasures was released two weeks ago, and the next (Classically Inspired) should be out October 31. Entering the Challenge is absolutely the BEST way to get into one of these books.
5. You may be discovered. I am constantly watching out for new talent coming through the ranks. That's where I found Timmy Boyle, and that's what led to publishing his first fun book Inside Timmy's Mind
. I am currently gathering a small group of writers together for a collaborative novel, and I approached two Challengeers (one from a long time ago; the other from the last quarter) to be involved. They both said yes. I knew from their Challenge entries that they would be perfect for this book.
6. The encouragement from your peers (and red ink if requested) can be an incredible blessing. Jumping in to "brick throwing time" once we have our winners is a great way to get feedback.
So don't let this quarter slip by without jumping into the Challenge. You will never know how far it may take you if you never give it a go.http://www.faithwriters.com/writing-challenge-intro.php
Writers and the Challenge. Some things are just meant to go together.