To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Week 10 Topic - BOUNCEBACKABILITY

Here's where you can discuss everything to do with the Writing Challenge. Feel free to ask questions.
http://www.faithwriters.com/writing-challenge-intro.php

Moderators: Deb Porter, RedBaron

Deb Porter
FaithWriters and Site Admin

Week 10 Topic - BOUNCEBACKABILITY

Postby Deb Porter » Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:19 pm

Here we go, Challengeers. Once again, time has raced away and we are already up to our final topic in the Evolution of Language Challenge. This week's topic is such a positive one, and I'm sure it should bring out the very best from all of you. The topic this week is:

BOUNCEBACKABILITY
http://www.faithwriters.com/writing-challenge-intro.php

Clarify the topic here: http://bit.ly/1oB8gCZ

Like I said, this is a really positive, overcoming type of topic. The perfect way to wrap up this theme. In a nutshell, it’s the ability to bounce back (duh!) quickly after something has knocked our feet out from under us.

There are some example sentences at the above link, but a simple churchy type example would be:

When all our Vacation Bible School volunteers had to drop out due to the flu, we thought we may as well cancel it. It looked hopeless. Then our director had a brainwave. With the pastor’s permission, she contacted other churches in the area and asked if they would be willing to join with us to do a combined church VBS. Five churches came on board, each providing two helpers, extra finances, supplies and food. What the enemy tried to demolish turned out to be the very best VBS ever.

As always, you don’t need to use the word "bouncebackability" in your entry. However, you do need to show the meaning through your story/poem/article. It needs to be the focus of your entry. You can be creative and not stick to the literal meaning, but you would need to show the connection very clearly.

So have fun with it and enjoy yourself. This is the last topic until July 10, so make the most of it. Remember, it is also your last chance to be in the running for an end of quarter Level award, and also the last chance to be a contender for the 2014 Best of the Best awards.

Enjoy the creativity process and feel free to chat about the topic here.

Love, Deb

FaithWriters' Writing Challenge Co-ordinator

Breath of Fresh Air Press - a little publisher with a lot of heart

Deb Porter

Re: Week 10 Topic - BOUNCEBACKABILITY

Postby Deb Porter » Sun Jun 08, 2014 3:08 am

Theresa Santy sent me a link to this amazing video. It is bouncebackability in a BIG way. What a woman:

http://stevelaube.com/fun-fridays-june-6-2014/

I'm not into sport at all, but this was inspiring.

Love, Deb
FaithWriters' Writing Challenge Co-ordinator

Breath of Fresh Air Press - a little publisher with a lot of heart

Shann

Postby Shann » Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:05 pm

I think I have an idea. God certainly knows how much I fall on my face (I do face plants instead of facepalms) and while I feel like I don't bounce back enough if at all, but others tell me otherwise. The hardest part is not waiting until the last minute to write my story.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

lish1936
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Postby lish1936 » Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:41 pm

Deb wrote:Theresa Santy sent me a link to this amazing video. It is bouncebackability in a BIG way. What a woman.

Wow! This video overflows with inspiration! Thanks Deb and Theresa for sharing it.

Lillian
E-Book - Retirement Lane - How to Celebrate Life After 60

Fortunate 500

I write even when I think I can't, because I must. :-)

I love to write. Nothing escapes the crush I have on the written word. I'm hooked on words!!

"Let words bewitch you. Scrutinze them, mull them, savor them, and in combination, until you see their subtle differences and the ways they tint each other." Francis Flaherty

Return to Writing Challenge - General Discussion