To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

The Biblical Account of Lucifer's Fall (In a story format!)

A good critique is an invaluable tool for improving your work.

You can now use the Critique Circle at the this link: http://www.faithwriters.com/critique-circle.php

For REGULAR ARTICLE SUBMISSIONS, leave a request for an article review from other FaithWriters members on this forum. Be sure to leave the url to your posted article. Or post your article on this forum for review by other members.

Moderators: Deb Porter, RedBaron, cori67

amilli
Pencil 3 (100-149 Posts)
Pencil 3 (100-149 Posts)

The Biblical Account of Lucifer's Fall (In a story format!)

Postby amilli » Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:18 pm

The Beginning of the End

He was amazing to behold. With a face like the sun shining in full strength and eyes like flames of fire. Exhibiting a voice like the roar of many waters, he epitomized perfection. Glowing white hair covered his head; white like wool–like snow. His feet were like refined burnished bronze. His apparel, long white robe with a golden sash around his chest. Beyond the pearly gates he dwell in his throne room daily, ruling over the affairs of heaven. (Rev. 1 vs 12-16)

This mighty king loved his creations. The angels honored him daily, singing praises to his name and worshiping him in spirit and truth. They all loved him and accepted that he reigned supreme–all except one.

Lucifer smiled with adoration as he looked at his beautiful reflection staring back at him. He was dear friends with pride. “I am truly a sight for sore eyes,” he said nodding. “God really out-done himself creating me.”

He was truly an impeccable creation. He held the position of the highest angel in heaven, but even that wasn't enough for him.

Satisfied with what he saw in the mirror, he redirected his attention to his thoughts. I'm a great leader over the angels, and I'm confident I could even be a better God! Being second best cannot be as fascinating as being number one. I would be so powerful, then I would be the one getting all the praise and glory.

“Hey Lucifer, time to go lead the angels in worship,” Gabriel poked his head through the door.

The intrusion steered him back to reality, yet, the anchor of his mind was still deep in thinking. He grabbed his harp as they headed out the door.

“Gabriel, do you ever wonder what it would be like ruling this kingdom?”

“I don't need to wonder, it's already ruled by the greatest so what could I or anyone else do that's better?”

“But if no one else try, we can never tell. I'm going to talk to God about it.”

“I smell trouble and taste a bad ending; Lucifer please leave it alone.”

The huge stone column concealed Lucifer as he eaves-dropped on the holy meeting. He listen keenly, waiting for the perfect opportunity to debut his brilliant proposition. He found it and made his entrance. But his conceitedness made him over confident, and it didn't prepare him for the rejection that followed.

God spoke up. “You were created beautiful and full of wisdom. Every precious stone was given to you. You're an anointed guardian, leader of the angels. But I see that your glory has gotten to your head. Your beauty has made your heart too proud thus corrupting your wisdom. I ask you Lucifer, please reconsider your blessings and be satisfied.” (Ezekiel 28 vs 12-17)

“I will not.” Droplets of spittle spurted from the corners of his mouth as his words echoed. “I have all right to be the Most High, sitting on the throne and reigning supreme.” With gritted teeth and eyes that seems to burn holes through walls, he continued. “Believe me, I will not stop until I'm the ruler.” He turned and stormed out.

For the next couple of days, Lucifer toiled on his recruitment strategies. He had conditioned in his heart to win over as many angels as possible, raise up a strong army, and ultimately take over the kingdom. His impressive persuasive skills manage to convince several angels to join in his scheme. This small victory motivated him all the more to strike. Gabriel pleaded with him to call off his plan of attack but he blatantly declined. Inevitably, war broke out in Heaven.

Gabriel and Micheal led the angels into battle. Lucifer and his army fought back. The streets of gold became desecrated with corpses; the air once light with sounds of sweet melodies was now heavy with sounds of clanging swords and screaming angels. Pain and anguish became the new norm. The war was brutal, nevertheless, good prevailed over evil and Lucifer and his followers were defeated.

Being hauled to the feet of God, he awaited his judgment.

“There is no longer room for you here. Gabriel. Micheal. Throw him to earth,” was God's reply. (Rev. 12 vs 7-9)

“You haven't seen the last of meeeee,” snarled Lucifer as he grasped at air on his long descend to earth.

The battle continues...
Amelia

My writing is a passion, not a hobby!

jo555
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Re: The Biblical Account of Lucifer's Fall (In a story forma

Postby jo555 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:31 pm

Amilli. I like your writing skills. You tell and frame a good story.

Now know, this is something that I struggle with. It is the "get the facts right" aspect of me.

I wonder at times about adding to bible stories. Not just with this, but every time I read one. I read another about Daniel in the Lion's den before yours (thought of putting this in that one) and the same thoughts flashed through me, even as I liked how the author used descript and such.

So again, this is an area I struggle with when I read such things. It can get in the way of me really appreciating the story.

There was another story about Noah and his wife that I read, yet that one, at least to me, it appears apparent that the author does add to the story for the sake of his point. I had no problems with that. I even thought it was clever and beyond the cleverness of it all, I got some wise biblical counsel out of it.

That personally works for me as I have a resistance to the other type because I question whether one should be doing that . . . except for exercise's sake.

Still enjoy your stuff and look forward to reading more.
People may be right in their own eyes, but the Lord looks upon the heart - Proverbs

jo555

Re: The Biblical Account of Lucifer's Fall (In a story forma

Postby jo555 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:06 pm

You know, I was thinking about this and I realized that I probably would have had the same barrier (for lack of a better word) with the other story if I would have known from the beginning that it was a bible story. I didn't, so it wasn't an issue / barrier for me.

:thankssign
People may be right in their own eyes, but the Lord looks upon the heart - Proverbs

Return to Article Reviews/Critiques