To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

The Neverending Story

If Fiction is your forte, this is the forum for you. This is the place to share information and get help on the road to writing the next great novel.

Moderators: itsjoanne, Sparrow, RedBaron

tomoral
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Re: The Neverending Story

Postby tomoral » Sat May 04, 2013 12:18 pm

Breath! :lol:

Antonio sneers. "Take him to the slaughter house! No peasant mouse can speak to me that way.
Off with his head!" :x

The big black cat steps forward. "No, Antonio, listen to what he has to say! It is of the utmost importance to your safety and the safety of your Kingdom! There are vultures lurking!"

Zander by now is pinching himself hard, wishing to wake up from this nightmare. :?
God Bless the beasts and the children
Give them shelter from the storms.
Children are our tomorrow
Keep them daily from the sorrow
Of the beasts in life

http://www.faithwriters.com/websites/my ... p?id=57394

beaedwards
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby beaedwards » Sat May 04, 2013 2:38 pm

Suddenly, as if portending doom, a single very large feather floats in on a whisper of wind.

Zander reaches out to catch it amidst a strident squeal, squeak and other worldly meowwww, "Don't touch that feather!"

iRoswell
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)

Postby iRoswell » Sat May 04, 2013 5:40 pm

One of Antonio's many children rushes in right before Zander touches the feather. He leaps high in the air, grabs the feather, and instantly vanishes.

Zander, wide eyed, looks back to the king. Before he can say a word, he sees a single tear fall from his tiny whiskers and he knows.

"Your son just saved my life!"
"Reality doesn't care if you believe in it."
Boba Fett

beaedwards
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby beaedwards » Sat May 04, 2013 7:48 pm

"Ready the hover-sleds," snarled Antonio, "We must redeem my son, onward to Barkivania!"

Suddenly out of nowhere appeared hundreds of hopped up SUS's -Sport Utility Sleds- manned by at least half of Antonio's sizable clan.

deejay

Postby deejay » Mon May 06, 2013 5:01 pm

As the hoversleds whooshed out of the palace, they were joined by hundreds of others, each occupied by an armored and heavily armed cat. Zander watched them leave, then turned to the royal nanny. "So, how far is it from here to Barkivania?" he asked. The elderly rat woman gestured for him to follow her. They entered a large room, whose walls were covered with flags, charts, and a huge map. Using a pointer, she indicated a ragged patch of brown. 'We are here--" then she pointed to a blue blob to the west. 'That's Barkivania. It's about 50 miles from here. About half an hour by hoversled."
Zander nodded. Then hesitatingly, he asked, "What happened to Antonio's son? The one who grabbed the feather and vanished?" The nanny looked troubled. "He was transported to Barkivania. The king must make a great personal sacrifice to get his son back. But what kind, I do not know. He was one of my best students, though a bit impulsive." Zander decided to change the subject. "So, besides the obvious geography, reading, writing and arithmetic, what else do you teach here?"

iRoswell
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)

Postby iRoswell » Tue May 07, 2013 4:39 pm

"That's an interesting question," the nanny replied. "We teach all-" the nannies ears begin to twitch. She looks left, then right—

"What's wrong," Zander asks, but he has his reply from the sudden sound of growls echoeing through the halls.

"It's a trap," the royal nanny yells, grabbing Zander's arm and running into the study. She lifts a large plank near the back wall and motions for Zander to run. Once inside, the two make there way through the darkened halls of the hidden tunnels.

"Go figure," Zander mutters. "Of course the rats are going to have hidden tunnels in the wall."
"Reality doesn't care if you believe in it."
Boba Fett

beaedwards
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby beaedwards » Wed May 08, 2013 9:57 am

As Zander and Fiona navigate through the seemingly endless maze of tunnels, she finally breaks the eerie silence. "Now that the kingdom has been relatively deserted by the king and all the warrior princess' and princesses, the queens are ripe for the taking. We must get to them immediately."

"Who are we protecting the queens from and what can we do?", whispered Zander.

With a twinkle in her eye Fiona touched a side panel in the tunnel wall and it separated revealing a room full of the most high tech weapons Zander had ever seen.

"The Snarfs from Barkavania, you moron-gear up and lets roll!" bellowed Fiona.

dub

Postby dub » Mon May 20, 2013 8:43 am

Zander pondered the quandary. "You mean those bullies with the big potato guns?'

A roar echoed in the tunnel. Zander and Fiona jumped in unison.
"Here I am Lord, send me."

tomoral

Postby tomoral » Mon May 20, 2013 10:00 am

Potato guns? :lol:
Of the beasts in life

deejay

Postby deejay » Mon May 20, 2013 5:03 pm

"The enemy has arrived!" screamed Fiona. Grabbing Zander's hand, she dragged him into the nearest room. It was filled with rat queens, in obvious distress. Zander, however had managed to grab some equipment ; upon quick inspection, it was plain that the suit and weapons were scaled only for Fiona. She grabbed them, and was battle-ready in a moment's notice. "Queens of Antonio, follow the human! Zander, lead them out that door--" she pointed to a portal that resembled a large wooden highboy--" And then, just follow the yellow line on the floor to safety." Before he could reply, Fiona had hopped aboard a hoversled, brandishing a weapon, and zoomed off. The panicked queens surrounded Zander. Pushing his way through them to the portal, he touched it cautiously; it swung open, revealing a long passage with a golden yellow line painted on the middle of the floor. He stepped through the doorway, queens squeaking in terror at his heels. As he trotted along the dimly-lit passageway, he heard a distant slam behind him. Hope that was somebody closing the door behind us, so as not to give us away, he thought. One of the queens who was at his elbow spoke up. "The youngest queen has shut the door to protect us. It's locked so nobody can follow us." Zander shot her a quick look. She had soft gray fur, and her eyes were a melting shade of brown. Her dress was of pink silk, sprinkled with tiny gemstones, and embroidered with gold. "Thanks for letting me know," said Zander. "Are you the, uh, head queen?" The rat queen nodded. "My name is Sophia, Queen Superior. But you can just call me Sophia."
"I'm Zander, by the way. Antonio brought me here through the vortex. Where does this passage lead to?" Sophia smiled. "It leads to a specially armored and concealed sub-palace. All the comforts of home, away from danger." "Oh, how convenient."

tomoral

Postby tomoral » Mon May 20, 2013 11:20 pm

As they entered the subpalace, Zander looked around the magnificent room fit for a Queen, or rather queens. The walls were bedecked in silk and pearls accentuated the gossamer drapes on the fake windows.

Suddenly they were greeted by the most beautiful girl (human) he had ever seen. He thought he recognized her from somewhere. She had long dark hair, big soulful eyes, and white alabaster skin. Then he remembered he had seen her picture in one of his old children's books. Seven funny looking little men followed her around.

Was it? Could it be?...No way... Could she dare be Snow White? :?
Of the beasts in life

dub

Postby dub » Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:00 pm

"Whatcha stare'n at busta?" She echoed toward Zander. Her accent was definitely New Jersey.

Zander shook his head. "Be ye Snow White?

"Be ye? What kinda geek talk is that? I'm Wilma and my lynch-men. We work on the plumbing in this joint. You gonna help me with these fittings or just stand there?"

She stomped out of the room followed by her lynch-men

"Wowser." said Zander.
"Here I am Lord, send me."

deejay

Postby deejay » Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:40 pm

"I take it you were expecting someone else--this Snow White person?" asked Sophia. Zander cleared his throat. "Back on Earth there's an old children's story called Snow White and the Seven Dwarves. Snow White was a beautiful princess who--well, she looked like Wilma--and her mother died, her father remarried, and her stepmother was an evil witch who was very vain. She couldn't stand that her stepdaughter was lovelier than she, so the Queen had Snow White taken out to the woods by the royal hunts man, to kill her. But Snow White ran away, found a cottage that turned out to belong to seven dwarves who protected her in exchange for her doing their housekeeping. But the Queen had a magic mirror that told her if she was the fairest in the land, and it told her that Snow White was still alive. So she made a poisoned apple, disguised herself as an old peddler woman and got Snow White to eat the poisoned apple. The dwarves couldn't save her, but couldn't stand the thought of burying her, so they made a glass coffin and put her in it, and laid it where they could come and pay their respects. One day a prince came by and asked for the glass coffin with Snow White in it, and when his men started to load it onto a cart, the piece of apple in her throat came out, and Snow White came back to life. The Queen was killed by the prince, and he married Snow White and they lived happily ever after."
Sophia paused to digest this information. "How interesting. Do you know more of these children's stories? It could be awhile before Fiona and Antonio come back from battle, and the other queens and myself could use some entertainment."
Zander, catching his breath from the long recitation, said "Sure. I'd be glad to. Just as long as we can stay in one place and not have to run around."

Shann

Postby Shann » Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:39 pm

Zander plopped down in the corner and propped up his feet. "Not only were there wonderful stories, but I remember hearing about a song. Hmm let me see if I remember all the words." He cleared his throat. After hacking up a furball, he started singing, "This is the song that never ends. Some people started singing it, not knowing what it was and they'll continue singing it forever just because This is the song that never ends. Some people started singing it, not knowing what it was and they'll continue singing it forever just because This is the song that never ends. Some people started singing it, not knowing what it was and they'll continue singing it forever just because This is the song that never ends. Some people started singing it, not knowing what it was and they'll continue singing it forever just because This is the song that never ends. Some people started singing it, not knowing what it was and they'll continue singing it forever just because This is the song that never ends. Some people started singing it, not knowing what it was and they'll continue singing it forever just because This is the song that never ends. Some people started singing it, not knowing what it was and they'll continue singing it forever just because (are you still paying attention or did you skip over) This is the song that never ends. Some people started singing it, not knowing what it was and they'll continue singing it forever just because This is the song that never ends. Some people started singing it, not knowing what it was and they'll continue singing it forever just becauseThis is the song that never ends. Some people started singing it, not knowing what it was and they'll continue singing it forever just because..."
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

tomoral

Postby tomoral » Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:17 pm

"Stop! Please! said Sophia! You are driving me crazy! You humans sure are strange creatures! No wonder you fell through the hole so easily."

We have no silly songs or fairy tales here. We are too busy trying to survive!"
Of the beasts in life

PreviousNext

Return to Fiction Forum