To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Dark and Edgy Fiction

If Fiction is your forte, this is the forum for you. This is the place to share information and get help on the road to writing the next great novel.

Moderators: itsjoanne, Sparrow, RedBaron

seeker4499
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Dark and Edgy Fiction

Postby seeker4499 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:38 am

I write in a relatively new genre called Edgy Christian Speculative Fiction. My books are heavy on the gothic atmosphere and violence, and though Christian elements are essential to the plots, they are not "Christian," per see (presenting a message of biblical redemption). They are entertainment, first and foremost, though I do want to clearly depict Christianity as good and darkness/Satan as evil (kind of old-fashioned considering the current trend of sympathetic demons and angel/demon romances).

Anyway, I'm wondering if there are other authors here who write in the darker corners of Christian fiction. This isn't my only genre but it's where I'm most comfortable, and I'm looking to connect with other authors like myself. Cheers!

deejay
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Re: Dark and Edgy Fiction

Postby deejay » Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:01 pm

A member named Vile has written and recently published a book in a similar vein.

Shann

Postby Shann » Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:34 pm

I have written what many call dark stories but they are more about dark subjects like suicide, cutting, and abuse. It doesn't sound what you mean though. I've never heard of this genre unless stuff like Harry Potter and Twilight are in that category. I'll keep my eyes out for authors who do write that way and send them in your direction.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Hoomi

Postby Hoomi » Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:47 am

The most blatantly Christian books I have written to date, are also the two dealing with some of the darkest material. "Precocious by Design," and "Precocious by Consent" both deal with the subjects of murder and pedophilia. The first book also includes elements of prostitution and human trafficking.

As they say, the darker the setting, the more noticeable we will find even a little light!
“It is the artist who realizes that there is a supreme force above him and works gladly away as a small apprentice under God's heaven.” ~ Alexandr Solzhenitsyn

Marta's Pod, the sequel to Cardan's Pod, on Kickstarter now.

Return to Fiction Forum