To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Hi all! I'm new here!

If Fiction is your forte, this is the forum for you. This is the place to share information and get help on the road to writing the next great novel.

Moderators: itsjoanne, Sparrow, RedBaron

DearGod:WithLove
Pencil 3 (100-149 Posts)
Pencil 3 (100-149 Posts)

Re: Hi all! I'm new here!

Postby DearGod:WithLove » Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:02 pm

Hello and Welcome. This is a great place to be with fantastic and caring people.

Blessings,

Camille~
Psalm 119:105 ( KJV) "Thy word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path."

I love you Lord...Blessed is your name~

RedBaron

Postby RedBaron » Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:33 pm

Hi and :welcome
<><
Shari
FW 500 Member

"...hunt like a spider..." Cori - FW Con '07

Sparrow

Postby Sparrow » Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:59 am

Welcome, Camille! I have a writer friend in my critique group named that. What kind of fiction do you like to write?
Amy Michelle Wiley
Check out my booklet, Bring Your Writing to Life: a writer's guide to "show; don't tell". Buy it here.
My Website, Sparrow's Flight

DearGod:WithLove
Pencil 3 (100-149 Posts)
Pencil 3 (100-149 Posts)

Postby DearGod:WithLove » Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:30 pm

Hello Amy!

Thank you for your loving welcome...however, I was not the one who posted this "I'm new" I was replying and welcoming the newcomer. But, how kind of you to welcome me. I'm a member since June 2011...relatively new, but not quite!

God Bless,

Camille`
Psalm 119:105 ( KJV) "Thy word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path."

I love you Lord...Blessed is your name~

Sparrow

Postby Sparrow » Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:06 pm

DearGod:WithLove wrote:Hello Amy!

Thank you for your loving welcome...however, I was not the one who posted this "I'm new" I was replying and welcoming the newcomer. But, how kind of you to welcome me. I'm a member since June 2011...relatively new, but not quite!

God Bless,

Camille`

I just was looking back on this thread and noticed I had gotten things mixed up. I know you from before and have talked to you on other threads. I must have been sleepy when I did that. :lol: Oh well, you're still welcome here, too. ;)
Amy Michelle Wiley
Check out my booklet, Bring Your Writing to Life: a writer's guide to "show; don't tell". Buy it here.
My Website, Sparrow's Flight

gwenllian
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Postby gwenllian » Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:52 pm

Hi cdafrica,

I'm new here too! I've been writing a fantasy fiction for nearly 40 years! However, I wasn't a Christian then, so find it needs some tweaking before I'll be happy to let it loose on the public. I've written a bunch of other (Christian) stuff since, though have never submitted anything for publishing because nothing has been completed yet!!! (Never forget that more than one '!' is a sure sign of insanity!)
I assume you live in Africa somewhere, so do I. Durban SA. And you? I'm not sure how your story has progressed since May - I've only seen your message now. I hope you've got it moving satisfactorily. Here are a few tips, just in case.
I've learned, from a writing course years ago and from a great deal of fruitless experience, that it helps to make a list of potential chapters and make notes in each one, mapping out the basic structure of your story - then go back and pad it out. Also, one needs to 'become' your character in order to get her properly active in the story. When she begins to develop a personality of her own, then the story will run more smoothly. I find that getting into a really hot spot, where it's God or death, generally helps a character to turn to the Lord pretty satisfactorily. Hope this helps a bit! God bless your efforts!

Shann

Postby Shann » Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:41 pm

gwenllian wrote:Hi cdafrica,

I'm new here too! I've been writing a fantasy fiction for nearly 40 years! However, I wasn't a Christian then, so find it needs some tweaking before I'll be happy to let it loose on the public. I've written a bunch of other (Christian) stuff since, though have never submitted anything for publishing because nothing has been completed yet!!! (Never forget that more than one '!' is a sure sign of insanity!)
I assume you live in Africa somewhere, so do I. Durban SA. And you? I'm not sure how your story has progressed since May - I've only seen your message now. I hope you've got it moving satisfactorily. Here are a few tips, just in case.
I've learned, from a writing course years ago and from a great deal of fruitless experience, that it helps to make a list of potential chapters and make notes in each one, mapping out the basic structure of your story - then go back and pad it out. Also, one needs to 'become' your character in order to get her properly active in the story. When she begins to develop a personality of her own, then the story will run more smoothly. I find that getting into a really hot spot, where it's God or death, generally helps a character to turn to the Lord pretty satisfactorily. Hope this helps a bit! God bless your efforts!

Hi there. I'm delighted you found FW! It is an awesome site. You might want to pop over to the Newbie Nook and introduce yourself and share what you're looking for in a website. This is a link that will take you there. More people are likely to see it there as well'.
viewforum.php

There are quite a few people here from Africa. Never in a million years would I have ever guess I'd have an opportunity to become good, close friends with people from all over the world! It still amazes me at time. I live in a super rural part of Western NY. FW was an answer to my prayers. I had been to other writing sites but felt that any sample writing I shared was ripped apart. This was going to be my last attempt and I hit gold! Now I'm nearing the 3 year mark ans still thank God daily for the blessings I've reaped here at FW.

One of the things that have helped me the most is the writing challenge. We have 4 quarters where the topics are linked together. Then for 10 weeks on Thurs at 10 am (Eastern Time) a new topic is announced as well as the winners from the previous week. The top 10 winners overall are given an Editor's Choice award and will have the opportunity to be published in a FW anthology. It sounds like the perfect fit for you! I too used to have trouble finishing stories but since there is a deadline the challenge really lit a fire under me. For many weeks I submitted a story in every challenge. You do have to be a paying member to enter (Gold or Platinum) but if you can afford the few dollars each month it is so worth it!

The topic that is up right now is Blessed (the authors are kept anonymous until the judging is complete) It's fascinating to read everyone's story on the same topic. Part of the challenge, of course, is to stand out and write on topic but from a different perspective than everyone else. The new topic is cup and the entries have to be in by Thursday at 10 am (ET) I hope you'll check it out. There are all type of genres represented. My favorite is children's stories but you'll also find devotions, Biblical Fiction, sci-fi, fantasy, romance, memoirs, poetry and on and on. You don't have to have a Christian message but it must be appropriate for a Christian site.

Along with the challenges, the message board is another great place to get feedback, ask questions, and just make friends from the prayer request to the Water Cooler there is something for everyone. Don't hesitate to ask any questions you might have and again :welcome
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Previous

Return to Fiction Forum