To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Poetry-Writing Lesson

A place to discuss poetry in all its wonderful forms and styles. Feel free to share your poetry here.

Moderators: Sparrow, RedBaron

glorybee

Poetry-Writing Lesson

Postby glorybee » Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:00 am

Tomorrow, I'll be posting a tutorial on an important poetry-writing skill: writing with good and consistent meter. If meter is something that is tricky for you (or if you're not clear on what meter even is), please stop by! If you haven't been to the forum with these free writing lessons, I'd love to see you there.

Here's the link: Jan's Writing Basics The lesson should be up mid-morning tomorrow.
Jan Ackerson

CatLin
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Re: Poetry-Writing Lesson

Postby CatLin » Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:13 pm

That's great, Jan! I learned so much from your poetry course in your forum. Looking forward to more insight and instruction/correction.
Catrina Bradley
FaithWriters Profile
Scattered Seeds
Jewels of Encouragement

"God rewrote the text of my life when I opened the book of my heart to his eyes." Psalm 18:24 (The Message)

Shann

Re: Poetry-Writing Lesson

Postby Shann » Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:11 pm

I hope you include how to tell if it's there if you're tone deaf. I seriously can't hear the difference between stressed and unstressed syllables and went as far as counting out syllables to have each line have about the same number, but people still tell me the meter is off. I think I would enjoy the genre more if I could hear the difference. :thankssign
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Return to Poet's Corner