To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Hire
Writers
Editors
Home Read What's New Join
Faith
Writers
Forum
My Account Login
Shop
Save
Support
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Marketing / Promoting your books

If you are an active member of FaithWriters, we invite you to use this forum to announce your new book. Please only announce books published in the past 12 months or upcoming releases.

Moderators: mikeedwards, RedBaron, beaedwards, cori67, itsjoanne, Sparrow

dbutlerdunnit
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Location: The Land of Oz (Just follow the yellow & green brick road to the Emerald city of Melbourne).

Marketing / Promoting your books

Postby dbutlerdunnit » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:30 pm

Hi guys!

As most of you published authors know by now, the hardest part of the whole process is promoting your book to get the sales. Even just thinking about it makes me groan! :cry:

With such fierce competition out there between authors (..it doesn't happen among FaithWriters of course! :) ) it's hard to get readers' attention enough to see what an amazing best-seller your masterpiece is.

I've done a search through these forums, and found only limited or passing references to this necessary evil. Have I missed something here?

Is it worth starting a discussion for both published and wannabe published authors?
I'm thinking of us sharing ideas, tips & tricks & snags etc.

Waddya think?
Dave B. (aka Arthur D Bardswell)

Take a look at Arthur D Bardswell's latest novel:
"Wings in the Wind: The Reign of the Mawh'eyri"

Any reviews would be fantastic! It makes you eligible for a FREE Download of the sequel: "Wing in the Wind: Seasons of the Sun Spirit." when available.

Shann

Re: Marketing / Promoting your books

Postby Shann » Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:58 am

I did a paper with Mike and a few others about some tips on how to do marketing. Let me see if I can find it. It's definitely worth reading and would be great to add to the ideas and start a discussion about some of them. UT was a few years ago though, so I'm not sure if I can find it, but I'll try!

Of course I can't find it right now, but I will keep looking and maybe Mike will be able to find it too. It had lots of suggestions on how to let FW help promote your book as well as ideas about book signings, reading events, contacting local newspaper.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

dbutlerdunnit
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Location: The Land of Oz (Just follow the yellow & green brick road to the Emerald city of Melbourne).

Postby dbutlerdunnit » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:02 am

Thanks Shann :)

Any reviews would be fantastic! It makes you eligible for a FREE Download of the sequel: "Wing in the Wind: Seasons of the Sun Spirit." when available.

dbutlerdunnit
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Postby dbutlerdunnit » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:09 pm

One of the ways they tell us that we should promote our books is to get a video book trailer done.

Since I've had training in that regard, I put together a book trailer for my latest publication "Wings in the Wind", and put it up on YouTube.
(If you're interested you can see it at this link.)

I would like to know how effective this is.
Any thoughts or experiences about book trailers?

I'd love it btw if you could comment on the video, even "Like" it if you do like it.
Just make sure the sound is on for a full effect. But it can be loudish if you're not prepared.
It's supposed to have an epic feel about it.

Return to Announce Your Book