To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Hire
Writers
Editors
Home Read What's New Join
Faith
Writers
Forum
My Account Login
Shop
Save
Support
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Seniors: Are You Retiring or Recharging?

If you are an active member of FaithWriters, we invite you to use this forum to announce your new book. Please only announce books published in the past 12 months or upcoming releases.

Moderators: mikeedwards, RedBaron, beaedwards, cori67, itsjoanne, Sparrow

JLC69
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Seniors: Are You Retiring or Recharging?

Postby JLC69 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:24 pm

"Seniors: Are You Retiring or Recharging?" by John Clark is a motivational book written to seniors, whom some organizations define as anyone over 50. The purpose is to inspire seniors to dream and not drift, and to have goals and a vision for their older years. The author says, "Just because you retire from a career does not mean you have to retire from life." Life can really begin at 70. Dreams do not have an age limit. There can still be much to look forward to as seniors.

One of the main themes throughout the book is for seniors to draw upon all of their decades of wisdom, experiences, and life lessons, and put their lives to the best use for the benefit of those who follow. Seniors are encouraged to plan their next 20-30 years because many today are living until they are 90 or more. That is a long time to drift and do nothing of significance. Seniors can live their lives intentionally with purpose and value. May you be inspired to make your older years the best part of your life.

Excerpt from Chapter One: "Make the last third of your life the best. Dreaming, passions, and great accomplishments don't have to stop when social security begins. Use the freedom of time you now have to embark upon some new adventures that will give you a reason to get up every morning champing at the bit. You are never too old to see your dream unfold."

The book is available on amazon.

oursilverstrands
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Re: Seniors: Are You Retiring or Recharging?

Postby oursilverstrands » Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:50 pm

I wish you much success with your book. Since recently moving to an independent living facility, I've discovered there's an ever increasing market for inspirational books with the 50+ population in mind.

Lillian

Author - When Youth Fades, Don't Wither on the Vine
E-Book - Retirement Lane - How to Celebrate Life After 60

Fortunate 500

I write even when I think I can't, because I must. :-)

I love to write. Nothing escapes the crush I have on the written word. I'm hooked on words!!

"Let words bewitch you. Scrutinze them, mull them, savor them, and in combination, until you see their subtle differences and the ways they tint each other." Francis Flaherty

JLC69
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Re: Seniors: Are You Retiring or Recharging?

Postby JLC69 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:31 am

Thanks for telling me that, Lillian. I have been sending postcards with my book cover on them and how to obtain the book, to retirement communities around the country. John

Return to Announce Your Book