To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Hire
Writers
Editors
Home Read What's New Join
Faith
Writers
Forum
My Account Login
Shop
Save
Support
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Book advertising

Your place to interact directly with the owners of FaithWriters.

Moderators: mikeedwards, RedBaron, beaedwards, itsjoanne

sarita2
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Book advertising

Postby sarita2 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:56 am

Hi Mike and Bea,

I have written a book that just got published with West Bow, but I am interested in advertising on Faithwriters. I viewed the video showing examples of ads, but how do I get the ball rolling? I apologize if you have already explained this somewhere else, but sometimes I get overwhelmed by the amount of information on the site and miss things.

Thank you!

Shann

Re: Book advertising

Postby Shann » Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:24 pm

One great way to advertise is to place your book in the free read for reviews section, which will also place it in FW store link. Here is the link to that. It pretty much explains everything, but if you need more, let me know. It's been a couple of years since I did it with my book and my brain is a fuzzy peach! You do need to be a platinum member to list your book here.(I think)
http://ebooks.faithwriters.com/

Also here is a video about promoting yuour book on FW:

http://screencast.com/t/qPVGRJnjgGsu

Lastly, you can find out how to submit your book for free reviews here: http://ebooks.faithwriters.com/author-login.php
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

sarita2
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Postby sarita2 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:26 pm

Thank you!

Verna
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Postby Verna » Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:27 pm

Hi Mike and Bea, Just a couple of questions about advertising member's books. I have four books of poetry (topics of nature, inspiration, reflection, humor, and church), two autobiographical free-verse chapbooks, and new--a dated prayer journal of hope. All of these are on Amazon under Verna Cole Mitchell. Several are on Kindle, but I've discovered through the years that people don't tend to choose to read poetry so much on Kindle. I'm not sure if you advertise paperback books or just Kindle? My poetry anthologies contain many poems from challenge entries. Thank you for the writing opportunities!

The book I'm most interested in promoting is Day-by-Day Prayer Journal--Hope. This has two dated days per page with a new Scripture verse of hope from King James Version for each page. The monthly pages and back cover have quotes of hope from my poems. Organizing this was truly a labor of love for the Lord, and I'd be honored for many to find it a source of challenge for daily written communication about and with God. I'm sorry that Createspace does not offer spiral binding, but I've found that it can be bound spirally at Office Max and UPS. My son scans pages from it to his i-Pad for writing. Any suggestions you have are appreciated.
Verna

A merry heart doeth good like a medicine...
Proverb 17:22

Facebook author page: Verna Cole Mitchell
http://www.magnificomanuscripts.com/

Shann

Postby Shann » Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:50 pm

Mike wrote an article last year or so about the many ways to advertise and market your book. Let me see if I can find it in the general submission section. I'm not sure if this exactly what you are looking for, but hopefully it will help.
Last edited by Shann on Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Shann

Postby Shann » Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:53 pm

I think this is it. I hope it helps,

http://www.faithwriters.com/article-det ... ?id=180003
Shann

Shann's Profile

Verna

Postby Verna » Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:32 pm

Thanks, Shann. This was very helpful--as you are always. I have an author page at Facebook, and I have given away oodles of books. Unfortunately people are more willing to receive them to review them. Oh well, such is life. I have a Goodreads giveaway scheduled for August 30-Sept. 14.

In the senior living center where we settled last year, I have placed all my books (except the prayer journal) in the library, where they are frequently read. That is very gratifying. I never wrote to get rich, but it is nice to have one's work appreciated. Though I enjoy the comments here, very few of the residents order from Amazon, and I haven't had any write reviews.
Verna

A merry heart doeth good like a medicine...
Proverb 17:22

Facebook author page: Verna Cole Mitchell
http://www.magnificomanuscripts.com/

beaedwards
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby beaedwards » Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:08 am

She IS helpful and thankfully keeping an eye on this forum :lol:

Hugs to you Shann and I pray all goes smoothly with your book Verna!

Return to Feedback for FaithWriters - Mike & Bea's Corner