To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Thanks to Colin

Your place to interact directly with the owners of FaithWriters.

Moderators: mikeedwards, RedBaron, itsjoanne, beaedwards

beaedwards
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thanks to Colin

Postby beaedwards » Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:45 pm

Our treasured member Colin Swann made a suggestion for a new topic here in the forums.
So here it is-a place where you can ask questions, make comments, suggestions, and objections directly to Mike and/or me (Bea). We are at your service :bow

lish1936
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Re: Thanks to Colin

Postby lish1936 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:05 pm

:typing2

At first, I thought I'd overlooked this thread. Great idea, and a "me, too" thanks to Colin.

Lillian
E-Book - Retirement Lane - How to Celebrate Life After 60

Fortunate 500

I write even when I think I can't, because I must. :-)

I love to write. Nothing escapes the crush I have on the written word. I'm hooked on words!!

"Let words bewitch you. Scrutinze them, mull them, savor them, and in combination, until you see their subtle differences and the ways they tint each other." Francis Flaherty

Paula22466

Postby Paula22466 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:39 pm

:coolsign
Every thought is a seed. If you plant crab apples don't count on harvesting Golden Delicious. - Author Unknown

tomoral

Postby tomoral » Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:25 pm

Awesome idea Colin. :thankssign

Hello to Bea and Mike's Corner :superhappy I have a feeling this is gonna be a busy one!
God Bless the beasts and the children
Give them shelter from the storms.
Children are our tomorrow
Keep them daily from the sorrow
Of the beasts in life

http://www.faithwriters.com/websites/my ... p?id=57394

Shann

Postby Shann » Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:58 pm

jerseygirl wrote:Hi guys, Like Lish, I too thought I had not seen this column before and had missed something special. Thanks to Colin and both of you for being willing to be so interactive. I was wondering did either of you notice my idea about doing birthdays for FW that I posted? I know its a big undertaking, and maybe too big, but I love using the free card sites and sending folks cards. Maybe, instead of doing individual cards, I could do one for the month of birthdays and send it to you guys to post on the site in the birthday section. That way every one who had a birthday that month could go to that spot and see their card, also other folks could add their well wishes too. Just a thought. I really do love birthdays. I love honoring someone on their special day! Have a great weekend, Blessings in Him

Did you see my initial response? Because sending cards is a big undertaking, we used to have a thread where people would say when their birthday was (much like the who's who) then Tim (BusBoss) Put it all in months and checked at the beginning of each month and started a thread to wish that person a happy birthday. Somehow i think it got lost in the big crash but that would be a great thing to do in the water cooler. i'm sure you could find a person or two to help you out too.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

RedBaron

Postby RedBaron » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:13 pm

We already have a special place for birthdays and things.

viewforum.php?f=89
<><
Shari
FW 500 Member

"...hunt like a spider..." Cori - FW Con '07

Shann

Postby Shann » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:20 pm

You're the best Shari! I spent at least 40 minutes going through the threads trying to find that link! I knew it was there somewhere. I even did a site search and couldn't find it :bow The computer has it in for me, I keep telling you all that!

Don't we have a list though like the Who's who one where it can be easily found put into months and people can leave their name and DOB and then we add to the list?
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

RedBaron

Postby RedBaron » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:29 pm

We used to have a calendar, but I don't know what happened to it.

If people entered their birthday in their profile, it shows up WAY down at the bottom of the page.
<><
Shari
FW 500 Member

lish1936

Postby lish1936 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:48 pm

RedBaron wrote:We already have a special place for birthdays and things.

viewforum.php?f=89

I don't want to compromise the purpose of this thread, but Shari's comment reminded me of something I've often wondered about. Why is it that some birthdays are noted and others aren't?
My profile lists my birth date - everything except the year. :D I don't recall ever receiving a birthday greeting. I also recall adding my name to an updated list, I think back in 2010 or may 2011. :?

Not a complaint - just inquiring. :sofa
E-Book - Retirement Lane - How to Celebrate Life After 60

Fortunate 500

I write even when I think I can't, because I must. :-)

I love to write. Nothing escapes the crush I have on the written word. I'm hooked on words!!

"Let words bewitch you. Scrutinze them, mull them, savor them, and in combination, until you see their subtle differences and the ways they tint each other." Francis Flaherty

RedBaron

Postby RedBaron » Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:27 am

Well, with the loss of the calendar, I think people kind of forgot about it. If I notice someone's birthday on FB, sometimes I'll post it here, too. I honestly forgot about the Today's birthday listing at the bottom till just now.

And Colin did have a fantastic idea (to bring it back on topic lol).

lish1936 wrote:
RedBaron wrote:We already have a special place for birthdays and things.

viewforum.php?f=89

I don't want to compromise the purpose of this thread, but Shari's comment reminded me of something I've often wondered about. Why is it that some birthdays are noted and others aren't?
My profile lists my birth date - everything except the year. :D I don't recall ever receiving a birthday greeting. I also recall adding my name to an updated list, I think back in 2010 or may 2011. :?

Not a complaint - just inquiring. :sofa
<><
Shari
FW 500 Member

Colswann1

Postby Colswann1 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:12 am

jerseygirl wrote: I could do one for the month of birthdays and send it to you guys to post on the site in the birthday section. That way every one who had a birthday that month could go to that spot and see their card,

Hi Jersygirl, the Birthday section is third from bottom on the Cooler section, I don't see any reason why anyone would object if you posted them there yourself for Birthdays each month, or am I misunderstanding. :)
Colin Swann

Jesus’ love is constant and never wavers.

Shann

Postby Shann » Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:33 pm

I think we need to make it a special page that stays at the top like the who's who so people can see it. When she first mentioned the birthday thing I looked forever trying to find it.

As for not saying Happy Birthday to you Lillian, I would have never thought about access the date the way Shari suggested plus there are so many members it would be so hard for people to do. The truth of the matter, except for smaller groups like the Rest Stop and the Porch were those people have friendships outside of FW, unless it is posted on FB and someone sees it, it doesn't get announced here. Except for that one time (while I've been here but probably more before that) BusBoss was quite diligent about keeping track of birthdays then, I would see more individual threads for wishes

I think if Alicia is up to it and Mike and Bea would not mind making it one of those important topics that stay at the top in something that a lot of people go to like the Water Cooler, we could have individual birthday wishes again. I know she wanted to send cards but with the img buttons it would be easy to make a personalized card right on the thread.
Shann

Shann's Profile

beaedwards
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby beaedwards » Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:42 pm

Hmmm all of a sudden there was a flurry of activity and I wondered where I had been :wink:

But I see it's mostly from yesterday (when we moved our RV to a new location-always a huge production with all the packing and unpacking) and today so I don't feel so negligent.

I will run the 'birthday thread at the top' idea by Mike later.

He is in the midst of creating conference registration forms in HTML so I am leaving him alone :bow while he creates the programming language applicable to post/link to the site.... shhhhhhh

Shann

Postby Shann » Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:05 pm

beaedwards wrote:Hmmm all of a sudden there was a flurry of activity and I wondered where I had been :wink:

But I see it's mostly from yesterday (when we moved our RV to a new location-always a huge production with all the packing and unpacking) and today so I don't feel so negligent.

I will run the 'birthday thread at the top' idea by Mike later.

He is in the midst of creating conference registration forms in HTML so I am leaving him alone :bow while he creates the programming language applicable to post/link to the site.... shhhhhhh

We'll be very quiet and if you want to come hide out for a spell, Bea my door is always open. :sofa
Shann

Shann's Profile

beaedwards
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby beaedwards » Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:24 pm

hehehe :angel2
you're the best!

Next

Return to Mike & Bea's Corner