To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Memorial Day: Never Forget Our Fallen Heroes

Tell us your experience with God while serving your country.

Moderators: mikeedwards, JimmyMack

JimmyMack
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Memorial Day: Never Forget Our Fallen Heroes

Postby JimmyMack » Mon May 27, 2013 9:25 am

Today is Memorial Day, 2013, a day to remember those who made the ultimate sacrifice so that all of us can be free. Let us never forget them and their sacrifice. And let it always be a reminder to us that freedom is never free. We don't want war, we don't want strife, but sometimes when tyranny raises its ugly head, it is necessary to rid the world of its poison.

God bless the souls of our fallen heroes and take care of them in their home with Thee. Their courage, honor, and sacrifice must serve to make us stronger in our resolve to always keep America a God-fearing and believing nation. Without Thee, Father, we have nothing. With Thee, we have everything, and it will culminate with eternity in our new home with Thee in Heaven.

And comfort and be with the loved ones of all those who died for us: husbands, wives, children, siblings, children, grandchildren and dear friends. Let these survivors be proud of them and cherish them in their hearts forever more.

All Americans, take time to honor our departed heroes today. Go to a parade, fly your flag proudly and play some patriotic music, or just take time to explain to your children what this day means and have a moment of silence for them. And always keep God at the center of these events, for it was He who gave them the strength to do what they did for us.

Happy Memorial Day and God bless America.

wandasewell
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Re: Memorial Day: Never Forget Our Fallen Heroes

Postby wandasewell » Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:22 pm

Little Falls, NY did their part to remember. At Eastern Park the community gathered while Mayor Peters and others shared and presented the flags. It is a time to reflect. Being raised in a military family didn't seem out of the ordinary but I see it differently now. Mohawk Valley Christian Academy had a day to honor veterans and remember the fallen heroes. The children were so expressive in their presentation and I was blessed to have been included. Above all while I served in the Air Force, Jesus became my Savior! I trust God will continue to blessed the military of the USA.

Return to Military Service Members - The Positive Impact of God in Service