To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

World War 2 Remembrances

Tell us your experience with God while serving your country.

Moderators: mikeedwards, JimmyMack

JimmyMack
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

World War 2 Remembrances

Postby JimmyMack » Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:14 pm

This comes from my family annals. It shows what God can do:

My uncle Henry and his first cousin Maynard served in the South Pacific. Henry was a Coast Guard Damage Control Chief and Maynard a Marine Lieutenant. Henry's cutter was carrying troops to offload at Iwo Jima-nearly every floating vessel available was being used by the Navy, including Henry's ship, an old, creaky one. He had no idea that Maynard was one of the Marines on board.

As Henry was helping to put soldiers over the side, a voice he recognized said" "Hi cuz". They didn't have time to chat but Maynard yelled back as he went over the side, "If God brings us both home, I'll see you back in Carolina."

About six months after the war, Henry was back home staying at my grandma's when there was a knock at the door. It was Maynard, a little skinny but grinning from ear to ear. "I guess it wasn't our time to go. I'm back."

All with the grace of God. Living miracles are in abundance in military service. Anyone else with a WW2 remembrance?

wandasewell
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Re: World War 2 Remembrances

Postby wandasewell » Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:33 pm

No but I enjoyed your delightful story here!

Return to Military Service Members - The Positive Impact of God in Service