To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

New Imprint

General, open discussion regarding writing, getting published, markets, pointers, and other related topics. All are welcome! No advertising, please!

Moderators: mikeedwards, itsjoanne, cori67, Sparrow, beaedwards, RedBaron

TracyR
Pencil 4 (150-199 Posts)
Pencil 4 (150-199 Posts)

New Imprint

Postby TracyR » Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:51 am

Since we opened our two traditional publishing companies in 2010 (Write Integrity Press and Pix-N-Pens Publishing), we've had many requests from authors wanting us to publish books for them, for a fee.

We've now set up a new imprint - TMP Books - which is our subsidy press. We offer the same quality and care we provide to the authors of our traditional presses, but authors retain all rights to their books.

I saw the recent discussion about self-publishing vs. subsidy presses, and I'd like to give you details of our service, so you can see how we're different from other companies.

I cringe at the prices some of the subsidy presses put out there - we're not out to gouge anyone, or take advantage of anyone. Our prices are rock bottom for the services we offer. Yes, an author can publish his/her book on their own, without paying anything to anyone, thanks to CreateSpace. But some authors don't want to have to learn formatting or the publication process - they just want to keep writing. So that's why we set up our packages the way we did.

We've created specific packages based on author feedback. The "name only" package - the author submits to us files that are print-ready and we assign it an ISBN and publish it under our company name. This eliminates the "stigma" associated with self-publishing, and yet still gives the author ultimate control of the project. The author receives 85% of the royalties - we only take 15% for our portion. Authors can buy their books from us at only 10% over cost, plus shipping. We pay royalties monthly.

We offer two other packages that include formatting. We also offer services a la carte, but we do not require anyone to purchase those. They're available if the author wishes to utilize them.

Right now, to celebrate the launch of TMP Books, we're offering a 10% referral fee to anyone who sends us a new client who reserves any of our packages by April 30th.

Visit our website for a list of services and our rates: http://www.tmpbooks.com.

Thanks so much for helping us spread the word.

Return to Open Forum