To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Helping your Audience find YOU

General, open discussion regarding writing, getting published, markets, pointers, and other related topics. All are welcome! No advertising, please!

Moderators: mikeedwards, itsjoanne, cori67, Sparrow, beaedwards, RedBaron

poeticgent99
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Helping your Audience find YOU

Postby poeticgent99 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:34 pm

(If this is the wrong place, for this post, please let me know)

I need ideas, for helping my Audience, find ME!

I write Christian based poems, which I share here. I also, write Bible Studies, etc.

One year ago (March 2013), I experienced a Vision, that changed my life. Our Lord Jesus Christ, told me, in no uncertain terms, to step out of my "comfort zone", and start sharing His Word, with others. I had subsequent Visions, of Him asking me, basically, "Why am I not doing what He asked me to do? What or who am I allowing to hold me back?

So, one year ago, I created my Christian based website, to share my poems. Which grew into creating my kind of Bible Studies. Which also grew into creating Videos (reciting my poems, and some of my Bible Studies, etc.). Also, I returned to FaithWriters to begin sharing more of my poems, with the World.

I also know, that Our Lord Jesus Christ, wants me to "get out there" and share His Gospel, with every one I meet. So, my desire is to Teach, and perhaps to look into becoming a Pastor.

I want to do, what Our Lord Jesus Christ, has given me the Mission to do, share His Gospel, with everyone, in every single way possible. The World and "Cyber World" (social media, forums, message boards, videos (like YouTube), etc.

Unfortunately, no one is visiting my website, no one is watching my videos, too few are reading my poems.

So, how do I help bring an Audience, to me.

I will NOT let, Our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, down. If it means, walking the streets of my Town, I will do it.

Suggestions would be greatly appreciated. May Our God Bless YOU, in His Mighty Way, Today and Every Day!

KennAllan
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Re: Helping your Audience find YOU

Postby KennAllan » Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:07 pm

First of all, let me apologize if this response is a little muddy; I'm recovering from the flu and my head is still a little fuzzy. However, your post spoke so loudly it demanded a response.

Nobody can accuse you of letting "…our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, down. (except Satan, of course)." You heard His voice and obeyed. Your are fortunate to have found your path fairly early in you life; sadly, I was too hard-headed to listen until my later years. I would suppose you are being prepared for your special place in Creation.

The Lord's timeline has always been a source of frustration for his children- we often find ourselves shouting "Now!" without hearing Him reply "Not yet!" Remember who is in control - it is your job to be prepared when He sends the flock your way. You can drive yourself crazy trying to force something to happen, so just sit back and go with God's flow.

One thing, though, and this is very important: NEVER let an opportunity pass you by. Sometimes the Lord uses subtle little nudges to move things along and we have to keep our eyes open. Whether it is on writer's forums, Bubblews, Helium, Faithwriters, Facebook, or whatever, keep looking for ways to call attention to yourself. It might take some time, but eventually - God willing - you will gather a following.

I hope this helped. Godspeed!

- Kenn

poeticgent99
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Postby poeticgent99 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:17 pm

Kenn,

Thank YOU, so very much, for your reply, it's quite uplifting, and I truly appreciated it.

"One thing, though, and this is very important: NEVER let an opportunity pass you by. Sometimes the Lord uses subtle little nudges to move things along and we have to keep our eyes open. Whether it is on writer's forums, Bubblews, Helium, Faithwriters, Facebook, or whatever, keep looking for ways to call attention to yourself. It might take some time, but eventually - God willing - you will gather a following."

Bubbllews & Helium, I have not heard of, may I ask what type of websites are they?

Finally, May Our God Bless YOU, in His Mighty Way, today and every day. Amen.

[Viewed your website, wow, very nicely put together, and your poems are "deep", where is the "like" button, on each poem page? Your newest, "How Must It Be", doesn't have a "like" button]

KennAllan

Postby KennAllan » Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:14 am

Hiya.

Oops... as mentioned, my head is still a little fuzzy - I goofed when I posted those new poems. Thanks for the heads up on the missing "like" buttons.

Bubblews.com and Helium.com are websites where writers can submit articles which fit predetermined criteria, i.e. topic, style, format, etc. Although they both offer the opportunity to earn money, they are far more useful for spreading your work and getting noticed.

- Kenn

poeticgent99
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Postby poeticgent99 » Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:29 am

Kenn,

May I ask, did YOU create your website yourself? It's so well put together, mine is too simplistic, even though created just a year ago, its look are primitive circa 1998.

I look forward to reading more of your poems.

(I haven't looked at them yet) I take it that Bubblews.com and Helium.com are not strictly Christian based websites), thanks for the information, I will look into them.

Take care and God bless.

KennAllan

Postby KennAllan » Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:28 pm

Hiya.

No, Bubblews and Helium are not Christian sites, but I was always happy how my poems were received - even the overtly Christian ones. There are plenty of brothers and sisters mixed into the membership.

Yes, I designed my website... but it's really not as complicated as it looks. I learned basic HTML back in the early days of the internet and never learned the fancier formatting styles that came later. My site is basically constructed of simple tables with various backgrounds and colors. You can create virtually any theme/format you desire by simply nesting tables together.

- Kenn

poeticgent99
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Postby poeticgent99 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:58 am

Yahoo.com is my Web Hosting Company, and they provide their own SiteBuilder Program, which is extremely basic, and therefore, extremely limited. But hey, it's cheap, $10.00 a month. So, I have to design my site, using their SiteBuilder Program, but I can use others, as long as I use "FTP" to upload it, which seems "Greek" to me (if YOU know what I mean). But Hey, as long as we get His Word out, that's all that matters, "bells and whistles" better not change the message.

KennAllan

Postby KennAllan » Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:23 am

Hiya.

I just visited your site and found it organized and easy to navigate; those are the most important considerations when designing a website. Well done!

My site is somewhat elaborate due to a need to indulge my artistic streak. I can't help myself.

- Kenn

poeticgent99
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Postby poeticgent99 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:38 pm

Thank YOU, for checking it out, and your insights, I appreciate it. I will give it (design), no more thought, now if I could just figure out, how to get videos to play on it. I have created over 30 videos, most I have posted on YouTube, but I just learned about GodTube, and have began posting some of them, there as well. As YOU said, grab each opportunity, that presents itself, thank you, for that.
May Our God, continue t Bless YOU, in His Mighty Way, today and every day.

Return to Open Forum