To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Question regarding the "Free Reads For Reviews" program

General, open discussion regarding writing, getting published, markets, pointers, and other related topics. All are welcome! No advertising, please!

Moderators: mikeedwards, itsjoanne, cori67, Sparrow, beaedwards, RedBaron

GraciesJoy
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Question regarding the "Free Reads For Reviews" program

Postby GraciesJoy » Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:18 pm

Hi everyone-

Please help ...

I did my first review of a book in the "Free Reads" Program and posted a review on Amazon and on the book's specific page in Faith Writers. I also emailed, as per instructions, my review link to the provided email of: freereadscontest@faithwriters.com.

How long does it take to get the expected auto-reply that my review was received?

I figured it would be immediate, but I haven't seen it yet.

Now, I'm getting worried.
Has anyone else experienced this issue? :(

Shann

Re: Question regarding the "Free Reads For Reviews" program

Postby Shann » Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:19 pm

Do you mean the reply from Amazon? That usually will come in under an hour. I'm finding that some people who said they reviewed my book (and I believe them), the review never showed up. It happened most often in households where two people reviewed the book. For example, both Bea and Mike (the owners) sent me an email telling me they reviewed my book, but only Mike's showed up. This happened about 5 times overall.

Come to find out, if you have never bought anything from Amazon, you can't leave a review. I deduced that in most households where I had problems probably the household just used one person's account. So I'm guessing the account is in Mike's name and when Bea orders something she uses Mike's account rather than set up a whole new account for her. My husband and I only have separate accounts because we have bought gifts for each other and wanted it to be a surprise.

So all that is to tell you make sure you have purchased something from Amazon and if you have an account in another family member's name that may be why it is not showing up. I hope that makes sense and helps.

One way to fix it, would be to buy the free testimony book and have it sent to your computer or Kindle (You don't have to have a kindle to read a book, you can get a free app and read it on your desktop, laptop, tablet, or even iPod (and iPad to of course) I just noticed that particular book is no longer free on Amazon, but there are lots of free Kindle books and you could set up an account without buying anything. Of course, I'd encourage you to buy the paperback version of the testimony book because it id full of wonderful testimonies and could be read over and over. :mrgreen:
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

GraciesJoy
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Postby GraciesJoy » Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:29 pm

Hi Shann-

Thanks for your response!

My review posted fine on Amazon and the FW page for the book, but I didn't get an auto reply from the FW email we're supposed to send our links to which is : the freereadscontest@faithwriters.com.

Specifically, if I read it right, when you go to this page on FW:
http://ebooks.faithwriters.com/readsfor ... tbooks.php , and go into the "click here" section at the top, it mentions sending an auto-reply receipt when we email that FW email address.
I'm guessing since I didn't tge an auto-reply receipt from FW, the auto reply isn't working, maybe?
I'm not sure what to do next.

Shann

Postby Shann » Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:43 pm

I wonder if there is a glitch in the system. I tried to comment on a challenge entry and can't do it. I was thinking it was on my end since my husband is updating the computer, but it doesn't make sense because I can do everything else.

What I'm doing with my free reviews is creating a draft and each time I do a review I add it to the email and figured I'd send it when I had more reviews. I thought that might be easier for Mike rather than having to count each individual one, but I should ask him before I suggest that.

In the meantime, save your email and I'll do some more investigating :mrgreen: and see if there is a glitch in the system.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Shann

Postby Shann » Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:48 pm

I submitted mine and received a response instantly. Is it possible you have the wrong email? Even something as little as a space or wrong letter can mess it up.

The address is freereadscontest
next would be the at symbol followed by faithwriters.com
(I did it this way to avoid bots from getting address and spamming it. If it doesn't make sense I'll write it out, then delete it. I'll send it to you via PM too. I know I've used a comma instead of a dot before so check that. :)
Shann

Shann's Profile

GraciesJoy
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Postby GraciesJoy » Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:30 pm

Hi-

I will try that now.
I'll be back ;)

GraciesJoy
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Postby GraciesJoy » Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:47 pm

Hi Shann-

That was a good suggestion.

I checked the email address and resubmitted and still no auto-reply receipt from FW.

Do you know if there's a way I can directly email FW tech support so I can try a "test" with them?
The reason why is I've sent messages before to the "contact us" section and have never heard back. I figured they were busy, but now I'm thinking it might be my wacky email issue.

Shann

Postby Shann » Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:02 pm

I should have thought of this earlier but it's quite possible it's going into your SPAM or junk mail folder.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Deb Porter
FaithWriters and Site Admin

Postby Deb Porter » Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:07 pm

Is it definitely an auto reply? Most things at FaithWriters aren't. LOL.

If it is, then we need to let Mike and Bea know that something has possibly glitched. But as Shann said, just check your junk box to make sure the reply hasn't slipped in there.

Love, Deb
FaithWriters' Writing Challenge Co-ordinator

Breath of Fresh Air Press - a little publisher with a lot of heart

Shann

Postby Shann » Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:25 pm

Did you ever find out if it went into your spam or junk file?
Shann

Shann's Profile

GraciesJoy
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Postby GraciesJoy » Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:28 pm

Hi Deb-

Update:
I got an answer to my email.
My submission was received.

It wasn't the "auto reply" like the submission instructions said it would be, but I'm just happy they got my review.

Happy weekend everyone! :D

Deb Porter

Postby Deb Porter » Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:14 pm

So glad you got a response. I did doubt the "auto reply." LOL. :lol:

Love, Deb
FaithWriters' Writing Challenge Co-ordinator

Breath of Fresh Air Press - a little publisher with a lot of heart

Return to Open Forum