To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Getting Book Reviews on Amazon

General, open discussion regarding writing, getting published, markets, pointers, and other related topics. All are welcome! No advertising, please!

Moderators: mikeedwards, Sparrow, RedBaron, cori67, itsjoanne, beaedwards

Raymond Creed
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Getting Book Reviews on Amazon

Postby Raymond Creed » Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:00 pm

Hi everyone! Good to be back after a long absence! been busy in my profession and putting finishing touches to my latest book 'Hoofbeats of the Apocalypse due out next year. My book 'The Exit Machine' under the pen name of Leo Arland is now out on Kindle. Anyway, I'll get to the point.Recent research on Amazon has shown me that book reviews are an important means of obtaining sales traffic. Now what I would like to know is: -

1) How do I obtain such reviews?

2) Would it be legitimate to pay for reviews? (If so who should I contact and what should the going price be?)

I know that it's unethical to reviews books yourself or to get family and friends to do it.

Feedback and suggestions would be very welcome.
Author of: -

Facing the Unthinkable

The Fifty-Two Attributes of God

The Leeds Liturgy

The Phantom Conflict

STOREFRONT LOCATION

http://stores.lulu.com/store.php?fAcctID=976144

Sparrow

Re: Getting Book Reviews on Amazon

Postby Sparrow » Thu Nov 28, 2013 6:45 am

Hi Raymond, I believe it is considered unethical to pay for reviews also. However, it is appropriate to offer to give away a copy of your book in exchange for a review.

My understanding is that it would be okay for a friend to review it as long as they are actually giving an honest review about the product, and not just praising you because they are your friend. Anyone else feel differently about that?

FaithWriters actually has a program set up where you list your book and members will contact you to get a copy in exchange for a review. I don't have the exact link where I can easily access it though. Check on the membership page and let us know if you can't find it.
Amy Michelle Wiley
Check out my booklet, Bring Your Writing to Life: a writer's guide to "show; don't tell". Buy it here.
My Website, Sparrow's Flight

lish1936
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Re: Getting Book Reviews on Amazon

Postby lish1936 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:18 pm

Raymond, here's a thought.

Another possiblity for getting reviews in addition to giving away a free copy is to enroll in a Writer's Conference, possibly one near you. I took copies of my book with me when I attended a conference. One of the attendees bought my book, offered to write a review after we both attended a class on marketing strategies, and after she returned home and read it. :-)

Blessings,

Lillian

http://www.amazon.com/When-Youth-Fades- ... outh+Fades
E-Book - Retirement Lane - How to Celebrate Life After 60

Fortunate 500

I write even when I think I can't, because I must. :-)

I love to write. Nothing escapes the crush I have on the written word. I'm hooked on words!!

"Let words bewitch you. Scrutinze them, mull them, savor them, and in combination, until you see their subtle differences and the ways they tint each other." Francis Flaherty

Return to Open Forum